Step out of the mundane and regular pieces of jewellery and portray yourself as a unique, confident, passionate, and interesting person by wearing statement pieces of jewellery.
What is a Statement piece?
A statement piece can be called as an attractive, interesting, unique or relatively eye-catching piece of your outfit. It may not be bright, colourful or oversized but it is normally bold and unique. It is that piece of your outfit that people generally notice first. It can be an accessory such as a necklace, earrings, or a bag. However, it can also be a wardrobe item, like a pair of heels or a skirt. Statement pieces must be worn properly keeping in mind the outfit and style. One can ruin their look if it is worn incorrectly. Sometimes, a single piece of statement jewellery is enough to make you stand out from the crowd. So, keep it simple and either work your outfit around one big eye-catching piece.
Flaunt your statement jewelry by following these rules that gets people looking at you in awe rather than dismay.
1. Less is Best
- Bold pieces of jewelry should be allowed to stand out, but do not over-crowd your look by wearing them within close proximity of each other. Wear one at a time to make an impact. Avoid going for statement bracelets and rings together along with statement earrings and necklaces at the same time.
- Try to coordinate the items you select with your outfit.
- Always stick with the same kind of metal and avoid clashing patterns and charms.
- Avoid wearing too many strands together and present a messy look.
2. Keep it simple
- Whenever you choose big accessories, always go for simple clothes.
- Remember, you want your statement piece to stand out, so match items wisely.
- Bright and detailed accessories look best with neutral and block color items.
- Try to coordinate smaller accessories with your statement pieces. It will be good if you keep them to a minimum and stick to the same color or metal.
3. Choose your earrings wisely
- Choose your earrings wisely. They should make you look beautiful, ornate and must always enhance your look.
- Choose earrings that suit your personality and the shape of your face. Going for a wrong pair can be distracting and spoil the look.
- If you are going for danglers, it is better to keep your hair sleek and not too big.
- The make-up should not be too loud. It should be in sync with the look one is opting. If you are wearing a brightly colored pair, they may look best with clean and simple makeup.
4. Match necklace with neckline
- The best way to make sure a statement necklace stands out is to wear it with the right neckline.
- When wearing bold pieces, avoid collars, halter necks and detailing close to the face.
5. Let your hands do the talking
- When wearing a bold ring, care should be taken to keep your hands well groomed as they will grab a lot of attention. Go for a simple manicure.
- The color of your nail polish should not clash with the colors in your ring. Never wear a bold and colorful ring with nail art, multi-colored manicures and glittery nail polish.
6. Pay attention to your arms
- Go for Cuff bracelets when planning to wear a statement piece. Keep your arms bare or wear it with one color long sleeve top.
- Add Bangles to your look to stand out from the crowd. Wear at least six to ten bangles together in one arm only.
- Avoid overdoing it and make sure that the bangles’ color and patterns complement each other. It is always safe to add a dash of gold or silver when layering bangles.
7. Wear pieces that create an outfit
- Always remember that statement pieces are supposed to make a statement and not to make you look tacky.
- Create a balance between all the pieces you choose.
- Present a prim and polished look by opting for pearls.
- Vintage or floral pieces look beautiful with a romantic and feminine outfit.
- Colorful beads look best when going for a boho look.
- Statement pieces come in all shapes, forms, colors, designs and sizes. They can work wonders to make your simple dress look attractive or can help to draw attention to parts of yourself that you would like to emphasize.