Gone are the days when cruises were booked by retirees who filled up decks smoking cigar and drinking wine on long journeys across the ocean. Over a period of time, cruises have become a favourite holiday destination for singles, honeymooners and young adults. Such long journeys include activities such as clubbing, concerts and risqué performances on board, as well as hiking, kayaking and pub crawling onshore. Cruises for 20- and 30-somethings with like-minded people have become a new place to explore for youngsters.
Read on to know about the famous and best cruise lines which one can explore:
Royal Caribbean International: Royal Caribbean International cruise lines are for young adults who want to explore more on their vacation.
- Royal Caribbean’s Oasis-class ship includes Harmony of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas.
- Sailors can test their surfing skills, go rock-climbing on a 43-foot-high wall, enjoy skating on the indoor ice ring, zip along the zip line and go scuba diving – all onboard the ship.
- Besides these, spend your evenings by going bar-hopping, catching Broadway shows and visiting late-night clubs with friends.
Carnival Cruise Line:
- Come aboard, enjoy along the ocean breeze and be a part of the best and most entertaining parties in town. Carnival Cruise Line is one of most buzzing place for youngsters with two dozen-plus “Fun Ships” jam-packed with party-lovers.
- Bountiful bars and lounges with master mixologists, lively open-air poolside deck parties with live music and recently opened brewery are some of the attractions to look out for.
- Show your moves my being a part of some of the best nightclubs at sea featuring DJ Irie and other well-known jockeys.
- Get to discover the secrets of aquatic life by diving into the adventure-filled ports that the line sails to, including destinations in the Galapagos, Alaska and Baja, California.
- The expedition-style ships provide one with kayaks for open-water snorkeling and boating. One can also look for paddle boating and stay safe by wearing wetsuit and snorkeling gear for personal use.
- In sync with National Geographic, one can get to explore the hidden secrets of water by interacting with an enthusiastic staff of naturalists, oceanographers, photographers and more.
Paul Gauguin Cruises: This is one of the most popular cruises that attract the most 20- and 30-somethings onboard. Private overnight stays at several ports, lounging on private beaches, late night parties, swimming with sharks, ATV riding and amazing water sports are some of the attractions to look out for.
- Paul Gauguin Cruises offers a private, calm and beautiful ambience with in-house Champagne and complimentary alcoholic drinks for young newlyweds.
Disney Cruise Line: Disney’s fleet of four ships sails to Europe, Mexico, the Bahamas, the Caribbean and Alaska.
- Disney Cruise Line is a well-known cruise line which caters to the needs of children and adults.
- From ample onboard babysitting services and supervised kids clubs to adult-exclusive entertainment, this cruise is perfect to plan a family holiday.
- The cruise line has many restaurants, nightclubs, bars, adults-only pool area, sun deck, poolside bar, café, Jacuzzis and spas to pamper adults.
- While kids can spend their time at Star Wars-themed Millennium Falcon play area and Disney Infinity gameplay zone.