Global Warming is fast becoming a serious threat to humans as well as other living organisms. It has increased incredibly in the last 50 years and as a result earth’s global temperature has shoot up by 3%. Global warming is causing imbalance in ecosystems, undesirable change in weather patterns and leading to many other unwanted changes on earth.
This is our planet and it is our responsibility to save it. We don’t need to wait for the governments of the respective countries to find solutions and take steps to stop global warming, rather we as an individual must do our bit. Let’s save our planet before we are forced to seek colonization on another planet!
Here are some easy and efficient steps to control global warming:
- Use compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs, instead of a regular incandescent light bulb. CFL have a long lifespan and also consume almost 70 % less energy.
- Opt for carpool as it will not only save your fuel and money but also aids in controlling global warming by reducing energy wastes.
- Remember the three Rs ( Reduce, Reuse, Recycle). You can avoid waste by reducing the need to buy new products, buy more of eco-friendly products, reuse the products like plastic containers, bottles and other stuff. Carry eco-friendly bags when you go to grocery shop.
- Go Solar! If possible use solar energy.
- Go for energy-efficient appliances as they not only save energy, reduce carbon footprint but also save your money.
- Reduce Waste as when we throw away the waste and they find their way into landfills which contribute nethane and other greenhouse gases in big amount. And when the waste is burnt, it releases toxic gases contributing to global warming.
- Avoid using too much of hot water and use cold or warm water. This helps save energy.
- Refrain from buying products with lot of packaging because the packaing waste goes into the garbage and finally to landfill sites, resulting in environment pollution.
- Don’t forget to turn off lights when not in use. Also, turn off electronic devices when not in use. It will save energy.
- Plant trees. It is one of the best methods of controlling global warming. Trees consume carbondioxide, which is a major source of global warming.
- Try using renewable fuel. If you can afford buy electric car and there are many other options in the market which can help in saving fuel or using more eco-friendly fuel.
- Carry lunch in a Tupperware , instead of brown paper sack as ultimately you throw away the paper adding to waste.
- In kitchen use cloth for cleaning or wiping your hands. Avoid using paper towels as they are nothing but waste after use.
- Check your tires to make sure they are inflated properly. In case they are not, it will lead to more consumption of fuel in your vehicle.
Not only these but there are many more ways of contributing to the control of global warming. Try these tips in your life and feel proud to contribute to the control of global warming. It’s our planet, let’s save it!