Diljit Dosanjh is a celebrated name in the world of Punjabi cinema and music. People adore his melodious voice that adds life to every song he sings. But the popularity of Diljit Dosanjh is not restricted just to the Punjabi entertainment world. He made a great entry into the Bollywood with the famous movie, Udta Punjab. Diljit Dosanjh received huge accolades for his action-packed performance as a cop in this movie. The audience loved his performance, and he also won the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for the same.
Soon, Diljit Dosanjh will be seen playing the lead role in an upcoming romantic comedy movie, Phillauri opposite Anushka Sharma. Anshai Lal has directed the movie, and the producers of the movie are Anushka Sharma and Karnesh Sharma. The trailer of the movie is out, and it has already received more than 14 million views on the YouTube. The trailer of the movie looked quite funny in the starting loaded with laughter moments but as it proceeds further reveals the tragic love story of Anushka Sharma and Diljit Dosanjh. Diljit Dosanjh is playing the role of a singer in the movie, who is blessed with a divine voice that has the power to change the world. We have to say that Diljit Dosanjh looked quite attractive and muscular in the trailer of the movie.
Apart from his singing and acting career, Diljit Dosanjh has achieved success on many other platforms. There are so many interesting facts about him that people don’t know. So here we are bringing to you some of the unknown facts about Diljit Dosanjh-
- Diljit Dosanjh hails from a small village near Jalandhar in Punjab and is quite close to his cultural roots.
- He started singing and performing at a very young age during his school days.
- Along with the singing and acting career, he is a philanthropist too, and has launched an organization, Saanjh Foundation that works with deprived children and senior citizens.
- Diljit’s album Back2Basics made him popular on an international platform, and he won three BritAsia TV Music Awards for it.
- His song ‘Proper Patola’ was a craze among youth that received more than a million hits on YouTube within a few days. It was the first Punjabi song to be featured on Vevo.
- Another one of his popular song ‘Lak 28 Kudi Da’ was at the top position in the Official Asian Download Chart in the UK.
- Diljit was given the tag of ‘Urban Pendu’ by his fans, which means the combination of urban and traditional culture and values. In his personal life, he is extremely modest and down-to-earth.
- He is a huge fan of Kylie Jenner, who was also the inspiration behind his song ‘Do You Know.’
After knowing these amazing facts about Diljit Dosanjh and watching the trailer of Phillauri, you must be pretty excited to see him perform on the big screen one more time. His movie Phillauri is releasing on 24th March 2017 where you can see him spreading the magic on the celluloid.